Friday, February 18, 2005

On requiring massive amounts of cheese...

Cheese you say? Why, don't you remember that you are lactose intollerant, Amy?

Well, yes, I am. Ask Mike sometime what happens when I forget to take the lactaid. But as I sit here alone in my living room, eatting my massive plate of spaghetti, I realized that some time ago that parmesan cheese is ABSOLUTELY REQUIRED for my spaghetti eatting enjoyment. I probably go way overboard with it, sprinkling a healthy layer upon each part of the spaghetti as I eat it. There is always cheese there. And by the end of the meal, there's usually quite alot of cheese on the last few bites that fell through to the bottom.

I realized this once, long long ago, when living in the dorm and making my own spaghetti. I'd cook the noodles in the microwave and just nuke some sauce to go with it. But, for some reason, it didn't taste quite right to me. At first I thought it was the fact that I was cooking it in the microwave (noodles got too soggy or something). Then maybe the sauce was different than I was used to at my parents. Nope. Cheese.

Cheese is always the answer.

No comments: