Wednesday, July 27, 2005

Passing Prelims!

I'm sure my huge viewing audience (HA!) will be pleased to hear that I passed my prelim exams! Yay!

I felt the most stress relief the day that I turned in the forms to schedule. I think at least a dozen gray hairs disappeared from my head at that point. As I went through the next week or so after scheduling I noticed that the stress didn't just reappear either. And then Monday...1pm...prelim time!

I hardly hesitate to say that it was almost "fun", especially compared to those who have taken it in my program before and described feelings of wanting to cry. I think I did a good job keeping composure, and I can't exactly explain why. I didn't get EVERY question exactly right, but I wasn't afraid of screwing up, because there isn't a percentage or letter grade at the end. Just pass or not. And I did!

Anyway, I passed. And that's one hurdle down. Just need to write that dissertation and I'll be good to go!

1 comment:

Mike Stone said...

All I have to say about that is, WAHOOO!!!