Monday, April 11, 2011

Obligatory Birthday Post!

Once again, the Earth has made it's rotation around the sun and landed in the spot where it was when I was born! I usually use this day (when I remember to blog!) to reflect on things that have happened in the past year since my last birthday...and today I will follow tradition with that!

So...Happy Birthday to me! I turn 34 today! It doesn't seem quite possible that my age has become firmly rooted in the 30's. Not that I think that I'm old by any stretch of the imagination, but rather I think of where time has gone and what will come in the next 34 years!

In the past year, I've gone through another pregnancy, and had another awesome little baby boy! At this time last year, I wasn't even pregnant yet, and I hadn't even gone off birth control (or had the IUD out, rather). I was still "settling" in to living in Phoenix, and was 4 months in to my new job at TGen. Daniel was not quite 2 years old yet, and was changing so much every day! We celebrated our 4th wedding anniversary in June as well, and 7 years together on New Years. Mike finished out one job (at Charles Schwabb) and started a new one this past March.

It's hard to say what will come in the next year, but there are tons of things to look forward to! Jared turns one month old today...and I go back to work in another couple of weeks! Daniel will turn 3 (wow!) in July...he's already growing by leaps and bounds, and it seems like since Jared was born, he's grown up a ton more in a short period of time! We'll have our 5th anniversary in June, so we'll figure out something to do then maybe! We have visits planned with Mike's parents, and visiting Montana in September for a wedding. Hopefully by then, Mike will be hired full time, I'll have some papers published this year and plan for the future at work! We might move to a different house at the end of the year, perhaps. And, ultimately, as things are more stable (and certainly not by the time my 35th birthday rolls around), we might add another baby to the family!

Out of all the things that have happened this year, I'm pleased with the way things are going...and look forward to another great year!!!


No comments: