Friday, April 09, 2010

The Dreaded DMV

At the risk of paining my hand while I type this out...I report to you from the DMV. Or MVD...same difference...

This place is dreaded and probably with good reason. As I start to type, of course they start blasting through numbers which makes it harder to concentrate and type. See, my mind is already screwing with me.

I am number B112. I am here because my NV licence is set to expire in 2 days. And last but not least...I arrived here at 1:36pm according to my ticket.

Things started to "move" a bit more about 5 mins ago. There doesn't seem to be a rhyme or reason or order with letter/number combos. I've not seen a B prefixed number pop up yet! Lots of A's, a few C's, M's and F's. Oh...and a K now. At least a few more counters open now than when I first got here. Lots more people too...meh...

2:18pm...still...waiting...

I'm going to start counting people now to pass the time...

7 people in the starting information line. 5 people called to a window in succession. I'm getting hopeful!

Now 10 people in info line...it's 2:22pm

Might have to continue this later...wish me luck!

No comments: