Friday, June 28, 2013

Days 20 and 21 at Home

I'm getting into the habit of slacking off a bit and doing these "one post, two days" type entries...it's like I'm losing steam or something here and pretty soon it might just be a "one post, one week" entry.  Let's hope not!

Anyway, here's the past two days, pre-weekend.

Thursday, June 27th
Day 20 on bedrest - 31 weeks!

I should have taken the time to do this entry yesterday...since it's another big milestone, but I didn't.  I was seriously, SERIOUSLY tired, and it actually got me into trouble (D'OH!)...well, not in the way you think.

So I decided to try an experiment yesterday, and keep a running list of all of my aches and pains and what not, no matter how insignificant, even noting things like baby movement just to have handy.  I didn't actually get this started until about 11am, and I was actually doing OK around that time.  Most of the notes I made were pretty lame, and a bunch of them were just noting where I was feeling the baby move.

I had sent an email off to my boss (asking for job related advice) and was just waiting to hear back.  I closed my eyes, and that was it...I was out.  Yup, I was tired.  So I doze in and out, checking my screen every once in a while when I hear the odd beep or something.  I see a note or two from Mike...and then it dawns on me to check my phone (which was sitting right by me).  I've been hugely diligent up until this point to make sure my phone is near me and plugged in, and the days that Mike's in the office, he's said that if I don't answer the phone after x amount of time that he's coming home, for fear that something is wrong.  And well...too late...he was on his way home.

I.feel.like.ass.  Seriously, how did I not realize he was calling like 6 times?  And I'm freaking him out because I'm not answering an email/text that he sent.  Major.fail.

Anyway, that little fail kind of put me into guilt overload.  Doesn't really do a whole lot for my desire to just fall asleep and stay that way (which, obviously, I can't).

Now for a completely different stress inducing thing.  Back to Tuesday (I think), I get a call from someone in hospital billing at around 3:20pm.  I didn't answer it, but I got the voice message...the jist of it is that she mentioned having a balance on my account from my last hospital visit (they make it sound like being a patient in the hospital is like a trip to the Bahamas or something when they word it that way!)...and she wondered if I wanted to take care of that over the phone before it got sent to a COLLECTION AGENCY.  What?!  Huh?! I haven't even as so much gotten a bill from them (I have looked up the explanation of benefits online from the insurance company, which lists how much they are processing and what my share is with deductible and so on) and not to mention it hasn't even been three weeks since I got out of the hospital and they are threatening collections?!  I try calling them back, but of course the person who called is only there until 3:30pm.  Once again, I try way before 3:30pm, but only get voice mail.  Now it's way past that, coming into the weekend...and it's stressing me out!

But...on the good side of things...we made it to 31 weeks!



And here we go onto today...

Friday, June 28th
Day 21 on bedrest at home

Before I start typing things out about how my day is going, I sometimes make a list of things that I could mention and how I'd categorize them.  This week the category is definitely something along the lines of "things that have stressed me out or caused worry".  A lot of it just has to do with my own reaction to these things, all of the pregnancy hormones rushing through my system and what not (yeah, blame it on the hormones...that is the best excuse ever!).  So today, while not a huge stress, does sort of weigh on me a bit.

Furniture.  Forget if I've mentioned, but my parents have sold their house and are moving out of state in the coming weeks.  Yes, it's fast.  Yes, it's stressing me out, for a multitude of reasons.  Back when they were in the "planning" stages, way before their house ever went up on the market, they'd said that they planned on ditching much of the furniture that they had and trying to be as minimalist as possible when they moved.  So we knew we were due to acquire a few things like couches, the dresser from my bedroom, a treadmill, a desk and so on.  Fast forward to today...it arrived!  In the span of under two hours, movers quickly popped everything into a truck at my parents house, took the quick drive over here and unloaded even more quickly.

Anyway, reasons this gets to me are many, many fold.  First of all, it means that my parents are REALLY moving away.  Faster and sooner than I thought.  Second, with me not being able to really go anywhere, I'm probably not ever going to step foot in that house again, which bums me out (add that to an as-yet-to-be-written potential blog post of "Things I am Missing Out On").  Third, and somewhat minor, is just having to re-organize the new home for all of the stuff we've acquired.  It really does take everything within me to not just go over and start trying to move things, just because I want them in a place.

Well, I always seem to end these posts, or try to, on a good note.  I got a call from the doctor's office today and the fetal fibronectin test came back...NEGATIVE!  Call me happily surprised!  But, it doesn't really change a whole lot right now since I'm still 3cm dilated with a pretty darn short cervix.  Today was kind of an uncomfortable way, even though I wasn't really having a ton of contractions.  Or maybe I just try to ignore them, who knows.

And with that...time for the weekend!

No comments: