Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Day 12 at Home

Wednesday, June 19th
Still on bedrest at home & doctor's appointment - 29w6d!

It's hard to believe that two weeks ago today I was being admitted to the hospital for pre-term labor.  It seemed like everything happened so fast, and spiraled out of control so quickly, but in the end, the baby is safe and sound inside, where she should be!  I can't help but wonder what might have happened if I'd waited...everything from the extreme notion that I'd have been fine (ha!), to the other extreme of things going downhill to the point where they couldn't stop a baby from coming (again, extreme).

Aside from that, today is my favorite day of the week because it's doctor's appointment day!  It started off with the usual ultrasound, which is always fun and usually comforting.  It's kind of interesting that they're monitoring how much amniotic fluid the baby has...I honestly didn't imagine that would be a huge concern.  It was interesting to see the graph over time.  As I recall, the fluid has been close to normal, maybe a little higher, with last time being lower...like the levels vary and jump around.  Nothing of concern though!

Second part was seeing the doctor, Dr. Urig, the same one we saw last week.  I've lost 2lbs since last week (wha?), blood pressure was good and presumably everything pee related was too.  No cervix check, but figuring/hoping it isn't changing, and there isn't a real reason why it would, in theory.  Good news is that I can migrate to the couch, or more importantly outside to the lounge chairs by the pool.  And as an added bonus...can go IN THE POOL!

Well, that's about it!  Looking forward to seeing some visitors tomorrow, hopefully...even if I can't do a whole lot in terms of mobility.

No comments: