Thursday, June 20, 2013

Day 13 at Home

Thursday, June 20th
Day 13 on bedrest...30 weeks!!!

So we've made it to the big 3-0 weeks!  Making it to 32 will be a huge one, for sure, and now it's only 2 weeks off!  As I type this, the baby is doing some pretty hefty full body moves in my belly, it's kind of fun to watch.

Anyway...on to today.  I remember being woken up, or I woke up only to have the realization that two big contractions were coming on.  I'll quit calling them Braxon Hicks ones, because who really knows. They weren't painful, but they definitely made my whole belly and my lower back tight.  Time seems longer when there's something going on in the middle of the night, so I don't know how long they REALLY were, but they seemed longer than the random ones I've had this week, clocked at around 15 seconds long.  And they were also timed far enough apart that I fell asleep between them quite easily.

So we went about the morning stuff, getting the kids off to daycare and so on, and I stayed home and prepared for visitors in the afternoon!  I was fantastic to see some friends that I haven't seen for about 10 years (and their kids...only had met the oldest two, and they were quite small at the time!).  When Daniel and Jared got home, they had fun (especially Daniel, Jared was kind of quiet and kept to himself) with the bigger kids.  When you're cooped up inside the house, it really is nice to have visitors...even when your house is a stinky disaster (courtesy of naughty cats).

Wow...it seemed like there was so much more to talk about today, but I think I covered that in a nutshell!  And here it is...the ticker for today...


No comments: