Monday, June 10, 2013

Day 1 at home

(This is a bit of a backlog, but I figured it was easier putting that preface on rather than back-dating!)

Saturday, June 8th
Released from hospital, sent home to bedrest

I got a pretty decent sleep overnight, given that I wasn't in my own bed (and hospital beds aren't that comfortable).  I dozed off intermittently between 11pm and midnight, and buzzed the nurse to get disconnected from the toco to get up and use the bathroom one last time before bed.  Nurse got my vitals and I went to bed for good.

I kept waiting for the occasional nurse to come in and check vitals, but they left me pretty much alone to rest.  Slowly (but later than I was used to!), the parade of nurse, resident and food arrived.  At least I was awake and coherent when the resident came.  The new morning nurse (one I hadn't had before), almost made it sound like I could be hanging out until later in the evening, but I'm glad that wasn't the case!

One last test was the NST.  I got hooked up to the monitor, and they did all of the things to get the baby's heart rate to accelerate.  Orange juice and that little buzzer that they use.  Her heart rate was already in the 140's, but there were a few times that they considered "good enough" to be an acceleration.

After all of that, Dr. Mayer from the office came in and cleared us to be released, and set about doing the discharge orders!  The nurse came by and unhooked the toco, and the last bit was removing the IV.

We got on the road just before 1pm, and Mike got me all set up in bed at home.  He went to pick up the kids from my parents around 2:30 or so, and it was REALLY good to see them.  It was almost a little sad that the first things out of Daniel's mouth were asking if/why I was sick, and "I'm sorry I made you sick, Mommy!".

The rest of the afternoon was relatively uneventful...watching movies with the boys, Mike scurrying around cleaning things and stuff.  It was good to finally get the kids bathed and to bed as we settled ourselves in for the night.  Only a few minor BH contractions the whole afternoon (maybe one every few hours).

No comments: