Saturday, June 15, 2013

Day 8 at Home

Saturday, June 15th
First day of the 2nd week at home!

Well, as I mentioned in a previous post, I've made it a week at home on bedrest!  A week ago I was just getting discharged from the hospital and adjusting to my "new" normal.

Today went pretty well, all things told.  The kids didn't wake up until around 9:30, so not too early, not too late.  Mike took Daniel for a swim kind of early, and Jared stayed with me to watch TV in the bedroom.  A pretty decent morning!  I wasn't crampier than usual in the morning, but I did have a couple of minor contractions, spaced pretty randomly (not painful either).  Mike ran to Taco Bell with the boys for lunch, and did a quick deposit of cans at the recycling machine.  After we all ate, it was time for Jared's nap (which he went down reluctantly for, even though he was tired).  I napped a little as well while Daniel watched a movie.  Now it's the early evening, and Jared is watching Mickey again while Mike and Daniel are out at Target.

I'm doing overall pretty well today.  The lab closing stuff is still on my mind, and I don't think that will ever go.  I am also just longing to go outside or something like that.  Next week, there's lots of opportunity for visitors (some people that I haven't seen for 10 or 15 or more years even!), and I'm pretty excited about that.  Even though I wish I was helping out with getting things cleaned up around the house...Mike is doing a great job, but I wish I was doing it too :(.

Well, that was pretty short for today...just looking for things to look forward to, and right now those things are having some visitors and getting out to see the doctor again (sad when doctor's appointments are the favorite time of the week...hahaha!).  And, of course, hitting the 30 week mark is next on the agenda for this week as well!

No comments: